Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
The CAC was formed by Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) to allow the public more direct participation in the Hinkley Groundwater Remediation Project.
The purpose of the CAC is for Hinkley residents and community leaders to advise, share concerns with, and provide direct input to PG&E on its environmental and community programs in Hinkley. CAC members work directly with representatives of PG&E, the Water Board, the school district, and key community stakeholders.
The CAC is set up to reflect the composition, diversity, and interests of the local community. A four-member Formation Committee reviewed applications and selected up to six community members to join them on the CAC, with preference given to those who live, work, or own property in the Hinkley community.
It is important to note that the CAC is an advisory body and is not intended as a substitute for the formal regulatory process being led by the Water Board. Meetings are announced in advance, are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month from 6pm to 8pm, and are open to the public.
- May 13, 2013 – CAC Letter to Water Board regarding Settlement Agreement between PG&E and Water Board Prosecution Team Concerning CAO No. R6V-2008-0002
- May 2, 2013 – Summary of WB Letter Dated on May 2, 2013 Regarding PG&E’s Work Plan for Chromium Plume Investigation in Response to CAO No.R6V-2008-0002A4
- April 19, 2013 – CAC and IRP Manager Comments Regarding Cr6 Groundwater Plume Monitoring in Response to Clean Up and Abatement Order (CAO) No. R6V-2008-0002A4 Issued to PG&E on January 8, 2013
- April 10, 2013 – IRP Manager and CAC Comments Regarding PG&E’s Cr6 Monitoring Work Plan Submitted in Response to Cleanup and Abatement Order No. R6V-2008-0002-A4
- April 9, 2013 – Water Board Prosecution Team Comments on PG&E’s Request to Modify WHRW Monitoring Program
- March 20, 2013 – IRP Manager Comments to Water Board’s February 20, 2013 Request for Public Comments on Modification of WHRW CAOs R6V-2011-0005A1 and R6V-2011-0005A2
- July 19, 2012 – Letter to the Water Board and PG&E regarding the Whole House Replacement Water Program based on the Community Open Houses of July 11 & 12, 2012
CAC meeting being held at Hinkley School.