Independent Review Panel (IRP) Manager
The IRP Manager provides technical assistance, regarding PG&E’s groundwater remediation program, to the Hinkley community and the CAC.
The scope of work for the IRP Manager position includes, but is not limited to the activities described below:
- Perform day-to-day administration, facilitation, coordination and management of the process for providing independent third-party technical expertise to the Committee and the community.
- Act as a liaison between the IRP and the community, Committee, PG&E and the Water Board.
- Develop and get agreement on a process for identifying, selecting, requesting qualifications, interviewing and selecting technical experts.
- Manage panel of experts in specialized fields.
- Establish a process and protocols for ensuring transparency and independence (including firewalls and reporting).
- Interpret and provide simple explanations of technical verbiage, documents, issues and statements.
- Attend and participate in monthly Committee meetings; coordinate/schedule appropriate technical experts to attend.
- Assist with expert panel’s review of key technical documents and compile feedback; report to full Committee.
- Manage contracting issues; ensure adherence to scope and budget.
- Track and as requested respond to inquiries regarding technical issues directly from the community as well as from Committee members.
- Prepare monthly IRP report to full Committee that includes a list of all contacts and communications for the month.
- Establish and maintain a local information repository and/or online library accessible to the community.
- Be responsible for entering into a Contract with the Consultant Expert(s).
- Be responsible for monthly invoicing to PG&E and payment of Consultant Expert(s) invoices.
- Assist with the resolution of disputes or questions that may arise.
View PG&E’s original Request for Qualifications for the Independent Review Panel Manager.